Arrive Cochin, a coastal city made up of a series of islands and canals (approx. 2 hours). Drive south to Kumarakom which is famously the gateway to the beautiful backwaters and lakes of Kerala. Transfer to your hotel which lies on the tranquil shore of Lake Vambanad. Approx. journey time: 1½ hours, 30 miles.
This morning, visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. During a short trek through the estate you may see a variety of species including egrets and Siberian cranes. The region is known for its local family-run homestays,
Enjoy a free morning before one of the highlights of your tour – an overnight cruise on the tranquil backwaters. Transfer to the jetty to board your traditional air-conditioned houseboat. Enjoy the serenity as you glide across canals, passing stunning scenery and remote villages. Approx. journey time: 1 hour, 20 miles.
Disembark and drive back to Cochin, stopping en route at Kumbalangi, a traditional fishing village where you can observe local activities such as crab farming and net making. After lunch at the village, continue to Cochin and relax at your hotel which is located near the iconic Chinese fishing nets. This evening, admire elaborate costumes, dramatic make-up and a combination of classical dance and drama during a traditional Kathakali dance show. Approx. journey time: 1½ hours, 33 miles.
Explore the city on a half-day tour which visits the Dutch Palace which was built by the Portuguese in 1555, renovated by the Dutch over a hundred years later and today houses works of art. You’ll also visit the Jewish Synagogue and Mattancherry Palace, and learn about the city’s colonial history as you witness the blend of Portuguese, Dutch and British architecture during a walking tour of Fort Cochin. This evening, enjoy a Keralan cooking demo followed by farewell dinner with a local family.
Transfer to Cochin airport for your flight or onward journey
- Accommodation in the hotels listed or similar hotels
- All currently applicable taxes i.e. Hotel tax & Transportation tax.
- Meals: Daily buffet breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Transportation - Entire round trip by an air-conditioned Sedan car or similar for all categories as per the itinerary. Vehicle is as per the itinerary and not on disposal basis.
- Per person on twin sharing basis.
- Travel Insurance
- Train or Bus fare from / to your originating city of stay, unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
- Any increase in fuel cost, government taxes, entrance fees, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Entrance fees and guide charges wherever applicable.
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the 'Tour Price Includes' column.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festivals.
- Mandatory Gala Dinner charges for X'mas and New year
Terms & Conditions:
Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of travelling.
Hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
A maximum of 2 adults are allowed in one room.
The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
Hospitality Travel reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
The booking price does not include:
Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
Any other items not mentioned under Inclusions are not included in the cost of the booking.
Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Kerala, India .
Package price does not include Gala dinner charges applicable on Christmas and New Year's Eve
The entire amount paid would be non-refundable.